Two dead backpackers after taking bad medication

KAMPOT, CAMBODIA – NOVEMBER, 2017 A mysterious tragedy occurred at the Monkey Republic guesthouse when two women died in their dorm rooms, believed to be the result of taking poor-quality medication.

Monkey Republic guesthouse

According to local provincial police, and Lee Verlander, the proprietor of the guesthouse, the two women were suffering from vomiting and diarrhoea, believed to be a result of food poisoning. They decided to take some medication in hopes of recovery, but the bad quality of the tablets led to hepatic failure. Other sources point to an overdose, but this seems less likely. At 4.30am, they were found unconscious and were rushed to a nearby hospital, but to no avail.

The victims were identified as a 22-year-old Seymour Natalie Jade from Stotfold, Bedfordshire, England, and a 27-year-old Amisola Abbey Gail from Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada. They had apparently met in Bali the previous year and were travelling together on a backpack tour through Asia. It was reported that they only had a one-way ticket to Cambodia, but absolutely nothing else pointed the event as being a suicide.

SEYMOUR’S GALLERY:

AMISOLA’S GALLERY:

READ MORE:
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5080735/Briton-22-Canadian-friend-dead-Cambodia.html

Do you have more informations?
Do you have more photos or videos?
Can you provide us (better) translation?
ADD INTO POST
Avatar

4.7 / 5. 11

4.7 /5
PityofCupboardJoy

 Date: 11/01/2023  Views: 12538  Comments: 3  Votes: 11

 Category: Other

 Tags: , ,

You may also like...
guest
3 Comments
Most Voted
Newest Oldest
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments